Travel Consultant Air Fares Unit Glasgow £14,500
Our client one of the UK’s Longest standing Business travel house are currently looking for a travel consultants to join their Air Fares unit team in Glasgow providing excellent customer service, building relationships and ensuring the efficient processing of all bookings and queries received
As a Travel Consultant your daily tasks will be
- Ensure that all bookings are dealt with accurately and efficiently, incorporating the principles of Total Trip Management.
- Take ownership and responsibility for all client queries handled until successfully concluded.
- Ensure that all fare rules, regulations and conditions are given correctly with a full explanation.
- Ensure that valid alternatives are offered to all clients.
- Respond to and perform re-issues and recalculations in accordance with clients changing needs.
- Ensure that full support is given to the key preferred suppliers.
- View internal departments as customers and work effectively with them to the maximum benefit of our external customers.
- Ensure that agreed service levels are maintained and any problems are reported to your line manager in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that you work effectively as a member of the team
The skills required for the Travel Consultant
- Previous travel background back ground
- Experience with a GDS system preferably Galileo
- Excellent Geographical knowledge
- Second to none customer service
You will also be able to
- Monitor and manage own workload whilst ensuring that service levels are met.
- Provide a complete service to customers, responding to a mixture of written and telephone communication.
- Keep up to date on procedures relevant to the job tasks.
- Contribute to self and career development.
The Ideal candidate qualities our client is looking are
- Team Player
- Establishing and Managing Relationships
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Expertise and Awareness
- Exceeding Customer Expectations
The Travel Consultant position would ideally suit an experience travel consultant wishing to move in Business travel market within one of the UK’s longest standing Travel Management company’s.
To apply for the Business Travel Consultant position, please click on the link below or call Prospect4Corporate Travel on