about 1 year ago
My client is looking for an experienced travel consultant who is looking for a new opportunity within the travel industry and who can provide a high level of excellent in this new position. My client's store is an award winning independent travel agency and they would like a candidate that can help continue their stores success. My client is located in Wiltshire and the lucky candidate will be joining a team of around 14 other travel consultants who together will be striving to assist the general manager with the day-to-day running of the store whilst hitting and exceeding targets whilst maintaining a high level of customer service. If you have previous experience working as a travel consultant and you want to join an expanding and successful travel company then this could be your ideal opportunity.
* Attend to clients enquires & create their ideal travel itineraries
* Work in a friendly and professional manner
* Look to up-sell by adding value to every booking
* Deliver a full booking experience whilst providing an outstanding high level of customer service
* Complete all administration and documentation in a timely manner
* Contribute to company sales targets by achieving and exceeding personal targets
* Build and maintain extensive knowledge of products and services
* Achieve and participate in regular on line training, supplier events and organised company training sessions
* Actively attend and participate in weekly and monthly staff meetings
* Handle all customer service complaints quickly and effectively
* Manage discounts to increase profit margins
* Build and strengthen relationships with key suppliers within the travel industry
* Ensure client enquiries are acknowledged within a 24 hour period
* Represent the company to a high level at all times
* Look out for any local marketing opportunities and bring these to the attention of the general manager
* Assist the manager in ordering brochures and ensuring window displays are up to date
* Previous experience of the retail travel industry.
* Working knowledge of an industry standard GDS - ideally Sabre
* Innovation, enthusiasm, drive and ambition
* Excellent communication skills
* Sound knowledge of the travel industry
* A high Worldwide geographical knowledge
* Sound judgement with attention to detail
* Strong organisational skills
* Happy to cope with long hours and pressure at peak times
* A genuine interest in travel
* Some weekend work required
* Occasional overseas travel will be required
My client offers an excellent package including a very competitive base salary in the region of £18k with bonus earning opportunities, excellent benefits and holiday entitlement. There will also be considerable chances to travel through educational trips and further training is provided.
Please send your up to date CV to email@example.com or follow the link to apply. For further information please call Dave at Travel Trade Recruitment on.