Customer Service Team Leader - Surrey - £24k + commission
We are looking for motivated Travel Reservations Consultants to join our sales team. As a reservations consultant you will be responsible for offering a high level of customer service whilst achieving realistic sales targets.
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 18 months experience working in a sales role within the travel industry and a good geographical knowledge of Longhaul and Shorthaul destinations a must.
• To answer and convert enquiries by phone or e-mail, working towards demanding sales targets.
• To take reservations calls from the general public and other potential clients.
• Issue tickets on Sabre GDS from NETT and Published airfares
• Issue Exchange tickets and refunds
• To make accurate reservations on Sabre central reservation system and on in-house system.
• To make hotel reservations with hoteliers and suppliers.
• To deal with changes to itineraries and queries in a friendly and efficient manner.
• To oversee the reservations team in the absence senior management
• Responsible for office opening/closing
• To lead the operations team by example
• Handling of complaints as a first point of resolution
• Escalate complaints to senior management as appropriate
• Liaise with Reservations, Product and marketing departments to give feedback to improve communication
• Responsible for BSP
• Responsible for ensuring all operational reports are generated and checked
Skills & Technical Knowledge Required
• Knowledge of travel industry and some experience of foreign travel.
• Experience of using Microsoft Office, Outlook and Internet
• Professional telephone manner
• Sabre Ticketing Knowledge
• Enthusiastic, with an ability to work under pressure
• Customer focused with natural flair to convert enquiries into sales
• Team spirited with good attention to detail
• Willingness to work shifts, including weekends
At least 3 years customer service experience required