about 1 month ago
My client, a leading travel company based in South West Cambridgeshire are looking for an IT Technical Support working in a small IT Technical support team, you will be mainly responsible for the smooth running of all computer systems and ensure that users get maximum benefits from them. This role comes with an excellent basic salary and company benefits, read on for more information.
* Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications
* Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
* Talking staff through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
* Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
* Replacing parts as required
* Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
* Supporting the roll-out of new applications
* Setting up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues
* Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
* Prioritising and managing many open cases at one time that come in on the IT helpdesk
* Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with staff and software developers
* Testing and evaluating new technology
* Working closely with external IT and system suppliers
* Minimum of 2 years working in a similar role
* Experience in all Microsoft products including Windows and Office
* Working knowledge of SQL, Server 2008 and 2012, Exchange, vSphere and remote desktops
* Basic understanding of networking
* Experience in web applications including visual basic and asp.net are required, as is general experience in database and in-house system set up.
This great role comes with a very competitive basic salary in the region of £20k plus you will be entitled to the exciting company and travel industry benefits on offer! The hours of work will be Mon to Fri 9am to 5.30pm with some weekend work when required.
If this role ticks all the boxes and you have the experience required please send your CV to email@example.com or simply click apply. For more information on this role please contact Laura on.
6 days ago
only 22 days until close
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
8 days ago
only 20 days until close