We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Travel Manager to join our client who are a global Event, Lifestyle and Travel Agency. Working within their fast growing travel division the successful candidate would work closely with the Global Director of Travel Operations to support and manage the day to day running of the travel team, create reports and forecasting, manage the quality control process, and work with the travel team to maintain and enhance all their skills and knowledge, including sales training, coaching, and feedback. You would help facilitate all aspects of corporate, leisure and event focused travel and be willing to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment whilst always offering cost-effective and bespoke solutions.
Responsibilities of the Travel Manager would include:
- Management of the travel team (London & New York), ensuring they are abiding by processes and providing a streamlined and quality service
- Management of Travel Managers to drive client retention, profitability, and growth of the division
- Working with Senior Management on budgets, forecasts, and financial reporting
- Part of the “on-call” team when needed.
- Supplier management and reconciliation including ADM reconciliation, dispute and recording
- Booking all aspects of travel for a range of corporate, event and VIP leisure travel.
- Delivering great customer service and maintaining an ‘above and beyond’ attitude
- Being aware of travel budgets for corporate clients and ensuring cost-effective solutions are provided
- Working across CRM platforms to curate itineraries, invoices, and reports.
- Participate in business development – which can be anything from lead generation, to attending networking events.
- Contribute ideas and content to our marketing team for a range of luxury publications.
The experience required for the Travel Manager role would include:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a similar, travel-based role.
- Strong leadership and team management experience
- Solid relationship management and performance management skills
- Experience of using a GDS – ideally Galileo or Smartpoint.
- Knowledge of Travel booking systems and tools
- Good knowledge of industry suppliers and hotels.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills must be able to multitask and prioritise where necessary
- The ability to maximise business opportunities
- Quick learning, able to adapt to new and an ever-changing environment
- Strong work ethic and team player attitude, with strong independent initiative.
The Travel Manager role would suit a candidate willing to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment and able to identify and close business opportunities within the Travel sector.
If you wish to apply for the Travel Manager role, please click the link below or call Prospects4Corporate Travel on