Travel Marketing Co - Ordinator up to £25k Gloustershire
In the fast-moving world of travel, success is derived from being able to communicate effectively and engagingly with both clients and prospects. The Travel Marketing Co-ordinator is an important role, interfacing with design, product and sales teams to ensure we are presenting our brand and portfolio of products and services in an enlightening, inspiring and compelling way.
It is an important role, interfacing with our clients in-house design, product and sales teams to ensure we are presenting our brand and portfolio of products and services in an enlightening, inspiring and compelling way.
• Project manage specific deliverables (such as brochures, DM packs, ad campaigns) with responsibility for time-lining all activity, and ensuring all parties are aware of areas of ownership and accountability, and keeping projects on track in order to meet agreed deadlines.
• Research, originate and edit evocative, inspiring copy for both web and marketing materials (magazine, DM pieces, ad hoc collateral)
• Checking and proof-reading new copy (catching spelling mistakes, grammatical errors or inconsistency of house style)
• Liaison will a number of departments within the business (including product management and sales)
• Clearly articulating requirements for information from other areas of the business (content, offers, reporting etc) ensuring relevant parties are aware of deadlines.
• Work with the Design Team on creative requirements with clearly communicated criteria and deadlines, both off and online.
• Work with Product Managers to create interesting, well written itineraries and for use in collateral and online
• Responsibility for regular presentation of the department activity so all areas of the business are aware of campaigns, advertising, competitions and partnership activity.
• Liaison with third party partners (including agencies, business partners and suppliers)
• Reporting as determined by the business unit.
• Save and organise content in a way that is easily retrievable
Standards of Performance
• Adhere to hours of work to maintain regular cover of your department.
• Promote a professional impression through appropriate dress code.
• Meet or exceed customer expectations.
• Ensure your work area is kept clear and tidy.
This Role Profile highlights the key areas of responsibilities but is not intended to be exhaustive.
• An excellent understanding of the English language is key, as are exceptional copywriting skills
• Excellent organisational and project management skills, and the ability to work effectively on multiple projects at any one time.
• A strong team player
• Good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate with people across all levels of the business.
• Honest and trustworthy.
• Good PowerPoint, excel and word skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• The ability to analyse, question and review working practice to contribute to the marketing team’s ethos of continuous improvement
• An understanding of the print and production process is preferable but not essential
• An keen interest in/experience of travel, in either a professional or leisure capacity