Our Client is a UK based tailormade tour operator based with offices in London and the Lake District. At present they focus on Africa, the Indian Ocean, India and Sri-Lanka, and over time aim to operate worldwide.They are looking for an ambitious and hands-on marketing professional to join the team.
This is a unique chance to be part of an experienced senior management team developing an innovative business in an exciting part of the travel industry.They have a culture that suits people who are confident to think differently and know how to have fun – all of which contributes to a positive and engaging place to work.
They have ambitious plans for growth, and the Marketing Manager will be critical to realising them. As part of the senior management team, the role involves putting your own stamp on the existing marketing plan and then managing delivery of it.Your key focus will be on lead generation and growing customer base, whilst at the same time intentionally building the brand. It is a hands-on role and will have a strong digital marketing focus.
· Spearheading the marketing team, budgetary control, KPI management.
· Drive and manage marketing activity, key supplier relationship management, development of new consumer services, exploring new routes to market.
· Full responsibility for all PPC / paid search
· Manage existing media and advertising relationships + identifying new opportunities.
· Establishing monthly and annual performance goals for all marketing activity.
· Market analysis, including industry and competitor trends.
· Member of senior management team. Communicating effectively with other business units.
· Representing the company at UK and overseas conferences, trade fairs and networking events.
· Managing a small team, including goal setting & performance appraisals.
Skills / Experience:
· A proven track record of implementing engaging campaigns – incorporating activity such as direct marketing, brochures, print advertising, online and offline PR, tactical retention marketing, and email campaigns
· From a travel, commercial, agency, or consumer-facing background – you will have had experience delivering customer acquisition, retention / loyalty campaigns whilst keeping focused on ROI at all times.
· Experience of delivering cost effective PPC campaigns.
· Hands on approach. You need the practical skills to set-up and run campaigns, not just ‘manage’ them.
· Commercial acumen. You’ll be as comfortable in excel as you are in photoshop, canva or wordpress.
· Leadership – experience leading & mentoring teams to deliver projects on time and within budget.
· Relationship skills – ability to identify, create and maintain partnership opportunities.
· Creativity and a disruptive outlook
· Ability to work in a fast-paced target orientated environment
· Track record of achieving growth and exceeding targets
· Strong planning capability and ability to manage multiple projects.
Package & benefits:
· F Dependent on experience om £30k to £55k p.a.
· Performance based annual incentive structure.
· Subsidised luxury travel in all destinations sold.
· The role can be based at either Cumbria or London office, but will require regular travel within the UK and occasionally to the US & Africa.