Travel Marketing Manager
An industry leading adventure travel Tour Operator for the Charity & Corporate sector currently have a 2-year fixed term maternity cover opportunity for a Travel Marketing Manager. If you stand out from the crowd, are driven to produce inspiring & engaging online content, passionate about adventure travel and most importantly LOVE the world of digital marketing and analytics, we may have a position for you!
The company works exclusively for the charity & corporate sector, raising millions of pounds for worthwhile causes in the UK, Ireland and Canada. Their event portfolio includes overseas and UK based treks, road & mountain bike challenges, mountain climbs and community project builds.
The successful candidate will be creative, highly analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. You will have a proven track record for leading successful marketing programs across multiple touch points. A passion and understanding of developing website usability and brand engagement through social media channels utilising mobile devices, a love of adventure tourism, and a highly energetic flair of copywriting.
The day-to-day role:
- Help define the consumer marketing plan; establish the optimal marketing mix; website usability and optimisation; and report marketing results to senior management team
- Participate in the establishment, implementation and measurement of the effectiveness of initiatives to help drive bookings for international and national events, including paid advertising, in-bound marketing process, affiliate marketing, email and social media marketing
- Work both at the planning level by generating bold and innovative ideas for growth and at the tactical level by helping to manage advertising campaign execution, creating and optimising campaigns, analysing traffic data and solving problems
- Manage and create the full life-cycle of smart, compelling, targeted customer journeys related to marketing automation for both B2B and B2C campaigns. Work with the Sales Team to identify and generate leads for New Business Development
- Draft and localise marketing collateral and advertising creative for various digital channels, with a particular focus on digital assets, social media content marketing and data driven campaigns
- Help identify and evaluate partnership opportunities, which could include co-marketing with reputable industry experts and retailers and engagement with adventure travel and responsible tourism communities
- Build brand awareness, engagement and personality through social media channels together with reputation management.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in marketing or marketing communications; of which at least 2 years in digital marketing
- Bachelor's degree required
- Proven track-record of delivering online (including mobile) traffic growth from multiple sources including multiple social media channels, mobile marketing, organic and paid search, email marketing, affiliate marketing, social networking, referrals and banner advertisements
- Budget planning and management
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; strong bias towards data-based decision making and comfort with financial and operational analysis. Comfortable rolling up sleeves to perform quantitative analysis.