Travel Operations Manager - Surrey - £28k + excellent benefits
The Travel Operations Manager has responsibility for day-to-day tour operations and product delivery (with emphasis on quality and safety) of tours in a particular geographical area. The Travel Operations Manager is the first point of call for on-tour incidents and so this job will suit someone after a challenge of working in an ever changing environment.
Passionate about travel, the Operations Manager ensures through recruitment, training and management that they have the best tour leaders leading the tours.
o Responsible for maintaining accuracy of existing parts of the tour information (trip notes, planning sheets, etc).
o Responsible for ensuring quality and safety on all services provided.
o Investigate any quality issues, provide Customer Relations with detailed information to enable them to reply efficiently to customer letters and ensure pro-active steps are taken to avoid future complaints.
o Work closely with Product Managers to ensure tours operate smoothly and meet the expectations of customers.
Tour Leader Management:
o Effective liaison with tour leaders and local agents to ensure high performance levels in line with company strategy.
o Participate in selection days and training of Tour Leaders (in house and overseas), including attending first aid courses.
O Aim to obtain highest Industry levels of tour leader recruitment and training.
o Deal efficiently with day-to-day operational problems, one-off incidents and crisis situations.
o Participate in duty rota (cover one week in every six ).
o Responsible for Tour-leader travel budgets
o On-going training of Sales Team and assist with queries from customers to aid in the sale of tours.
o Attend and participate in World Travel Market, Adventure Travel presentations and other Trade Fairs as requested.
o Meet with new and existing ground agents to ensure quality and safety on all tours.
o Travel overseas to include Tour Leader training, dealing with incidents, recces, quality control and industry familiarisation trips / product knowledge (possibly at short notice).
• Our ideal candidate will be someone who is both an independent thinker and a team player.
• They should be able to demonstrate a record of working to tight deadlines and under pressure.
• It is essential that they will be able to build rapport and communicate effectively at all levels and show an ability to construct logical, credible and winning arguments that will persuade decision makers (internal and external).
• They should be comfortable in taking responsibility to challenge current processes and participate in delivering strategic growth.
• Whilst we work hard the company ethos is that we work in a place that is both positive and fun, and so it is essential that the successful candidate is able to fit into this environment.
• Your passion should be travel, we will be looking for a candidate who exudes enthusiasm for travel.