Fantastic opportunity to join an outstanding travel company in the operations department . The role will involve being responsible for administering tours and cruises from confirmation of booking through to departure. The focus of this role is on delivering accurate manifests and documentation to deadlines, whilst with providing excellent customer service. All of our clients are very important to us and it is essential that we meet and exceed the expectations of our passengers and deliver first class customer service, our administration and dispatch of information must reflect this as both written and verbal communication.
Travel Operations Job Description:
• Acquisition and maintenance of in depth product knowledge of tour programme and general knowledge of all other products on sale.
• Answering client or agent queries regarding tours in a timely manner.
• Assisting clients with changes and amendments to their bookings.
• Ensuring that any special requests (i.e., dietary, wheelchair assistance, etc) are accommodated where possible.
• Creating cruise manifests, transfer and hotel rooming lists and providing these to Product Managers, suppliers and field staff.
• Advising airport representatives of late changes to passenger bookings
• Producing confirmation invoices
• Accurate and timely dispatch of pre departure information and final documentation
• As a back up to the sales department in busier periods, liaising with flight department re upgrade and ad hoc flight requests.
Travel Operations Skills Requirements:
• Minimum of 2 year travel industry experience (cruise or tour operator travel consultant work preferred)
• Strong administration skills
• Accuracy and working to deadlines are fundamental to the role
• Able to prioritise and organize workload independently
• Strong ability to multitask independently
• Excellent communication skills with both spoken and written English equivalent to that of a native speaker are essential to liaise with clients,
suppliers and colleagues
• Patient and empathetic telephone manner when dealing with clients
• Able to respond quickly and accurately to enquiries/changing priorities
• Keen eye for detail in order to produce detailed, accurate and professionally presented documentation
• Enthusiastic, reliable, self-motivated team player
• Knowledge of Galileo preferred.
Fantastic role in great company working Monday to Friday normal working hours .