3 months ago
My client is currently seeking an Operations Manager who will be responsible for day-to-day tour operations and product delivery of tours in a particular geographical area. The role includes tour leader management; risk assessment, management of operational incidents; maintenance of tour information and literature and participation in the recruitment and training of Tour Leaders.
Operations Manager Responsibilities:
Tour Management - maintain accuracy of existing tour information (trip notes, planning sheets, etc). Responsible for ensuring quality and safety on all services provided on Explore tours. Investigate any quality issues, provide Customer Relations with detailed information to enable them to reply efficiently to customer letters and ensure pro-active steps are taken to avoid future complaints. Work closely with Product Managers to ensure tours operate smoothly and meet the expectations of customers.
Tour Leader Management - effective liaison with tour leaders and local agents to ensure high performance levels in line with company strategy. Keep relevant management documents accurate and up to date.
Tour Leader recruitment and training - participate in selection days and training of Tour Leaders (in house and overseas) including attending first aid courses. Aim to obtain highest Industry levels of tour leader recruitment and training.
Incidents - deal efficiently with day-to-day operational problems, one-off incidents and crisis situations. Participate in duty rota (cover one week in every five).
Budgets - To be responsible for Tour-leader travel budgets and overseas tour leader training costs for own area.
Customer Services - on-going training of Sales Team and assist with queries from customers to aid in the sale of tours.
Travel Fairs - attend and participate in World Travel Market, Adventure Travel presentations and other Trade Fairs as requested. Meet with ground agents to ensure quality and safety on all Explore tours.
* To participate in/run ad hoc projects/tasks as required
* Overseas travel - travel overseas to include tour leader training, dealing with incidents, recces, quality control and industry fam trips / product knowledge (possibly at short notice).
Operations Manager Experience Required:
* Able to demonstrate experience of dealing with customers and problems on tours (tour leading / guide experience a distinct advantage).
* Extensive travel.
* Experience in an office-based environment an advantage.
* Educated to Degree level (desirable).
* Passionate about travel!
* Excellent team player with a flexible approach and a desire not only to learn but to empower and inspire others.
* Competent at problem solving and critically minded.
* Effective training and presentation skills.
* Ability to form close relationships over the phone and by
22 days ago
only 6 days until close
20 days ago
only 8 days until close
18 days ago
only 10 days until close
15 days ago
only 13 days until close