Travel Operations Manager - Sussex - up to £26k
Our client is a British travel company that specialises in arranging short-term placements for students overseas. They directly employ local staff teams in each of their destinations to arrange work placements and operate their own accommodation for students too.
With several international programmes, and sustained sales growth, they are looking to open to further programmes in 2016 (in existing countries they work in). In line with this growth, they are looking for a capable and experienced professional to join the team to work in the Head Office in the UK, and take full ownership and remote management of two of the overseas programmes. There is also the expectation that the candidate will take a lead role in the expansion of one programme later in the year.
The role is extremely varied with scope to make important decisions from day one. For the correct applicant it will provide many exciting challenges, opportunities and exposure to facets of international business.
Proven ability in project management and in managing small teams remotely is essential, and experience of living and working in the developing world would be highly desirable. Dealing with customers daily through phone and email also requires a customer service approach, and interest. The role will include international travel.
• Take full ownership of remotely managing overseas staff teams
• Pre-empting and troubleshooting any problems and issues that arise on the programmes to ensure the high level of customer service expected
• Provide personalised support to customers during their preparation by utilising knowledge of the programmes and work placements
• Research and implement new development opportunities and improvements for each programme
• Hire and train new overseas staff when necessary
• Manage budgets and accounts and to take full operational and financial responsibility for the success and growth of each destination
• Work closely with sales and marketing staff to promote the destinations in our recruitment countries
• Degree educated
• 3 years minimum experience in a challenging role which will show ability to manage teams and projects
• Well-travelled, ideally having lived overseas. Experiences of work overseas in a position of responsibility is important
• Driven and self-motivated with career aspirations
• Direct experience of Project Management (proven)
• Direct experience of Managing a small team (including training and appraisals)