Travel Product Manager 4 Asia up to £43.5k plus incentives
An Asia travel product manager is required to join the product department of a leading travel company. We are looking for a strong product manager with previous South East Asia product management experience, the ideal candidate must have strong commercial skills, be able to negotiate with individual hotels to ensure that we have the very best rates in the market.
First-hand knowledge of the destinations they feature are a must as well as established relationships with the key hotels and resorts in the South East Asia. You must be enthusiastic, flexible person with excellent attention to detail. A good understanding of digital marketing and websites would be advantageous.
• Negotiate highly competitive commercial agreements with individual hotels and ground handlers
• Maximise commercial return on relationships by ensuring commercial contributions and volume overrides are incorporated into deals
• Tactically re-negotiate deals throughout the year and plan for future commercial relationships
• To liaise with overseas and UK suppliers on a daily basis and build relationships.
• To produce regular statistics detailing company sales performance
• To assist the reservations team with product training and day to day contract queries
• Have responsibility for all web and brochure copy including images for the relevant destination hotel pages, including pagination planning and pricing.
• Analyse market and competitor activity including rate comparisons with our competitors
• Ensure systems are kept up to date with accurate rates and offers
• New Product Development – Assist in looking at future commercial opportunities
• Assisting with the handling of customer complaints. Liaising with hoteliers and airlines
• Constantly striving for efficiency gains and cost savings in all Product Sourcing and loading processes.
• Highly motivated, results orientated individual who thrives in a fast moving sales environment
• Extensive commercial and contracting experience
• Strategic vision with a pragmatic commercial approach and exceptional management skills
• Highly numerate and capable of detailed data analysis