Travel Product Manager 4 - Indochina/Asia - upto £31k – Hampshire
Working for a leading holiday provider the Travel Product Manager has responsibility for all tours within a specific geographical area. You will manage a team to ensure itineraries are industry leading.
You will be passionate about travel and ensure there is a range of cultural and multi-active tours on sale, whilst continuing to push the boundaries with pioneering tours that achieve the company vision
You will be accountable for the overall profitability of your tours, sales growth and operating profit of all the relevant company’s products within that region as well as sales, tour note and brochure content.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• To be responsible for all product development primarily within Indochina and for ensuring it is based on the strategic aims of the business, and in line with the market-led product strategy briefs provided by the Business Intelligence (BI).
• To produce accurate and inspiring brochure / web text for all tours.
• To have ownership of all operational supplier relationships within the geographical area, and to be responsible for achieving and maintaining the very best working relationship in each case.
• To be accountable for ensuring all products on sale within the geographical area adheres to the company’s stringent guidelines on quality, safety and responsible travel.
• To have ownership of product-based PR for the specific geographical area and to ensure that it is considered at all stages of the product cycle. To be actively and regularly involved in PR and other promotional activity.
• To travel overseas as and when required. This is to meet our ground agents (who provide transport, accommodation and tour leaders) to negotiate and contract as well as to familiarise yourself with our itineraries and to recce new destinations or itineraries. In addition there will be the opportunity to attend trade shows.
Person Profile Personality:
• The ideal candidate will be natural leader, who is both an independent thinker and a team player.
• They should have demonstrable experience in working to tight deadlines and under pressure.
• They should be comfortable in taking responsibility to challenge current processes and participate in designing and delivering strategic growth.
• It is important that the Product Manager should be able to quickly and decisively react to changing market conditions to continually drive towards achieving and then exceeding company and personal targets.
• Your passion should be travel, we will be looking for a candidate who exudes enthusiasm for Asia.
Specific Job Skills:
• Proven people management skills – Essential
• Commercially aware – Essential
• Excellent negotiation skills– Essential
• Demonstrable organisational, communication & interpersonal skills – Essential
• Proven ability to work to deadlines. – Essential
• Extensive travel experience within Asia – Essential
• Demonstrable results inside a product environment – Essential
• Knowledge of the adventure travel market - Preferred
* Education and/or Qualifications: - Higher education - Preferred