Travel Sales Consultant - London - upto £22k
Working for this specialist tour operator you will be joining a expanding team of successful travel sales consultants who have a passion for travel and excellent customer service skills.
With a minimum of 2 years travel industry experience and at least 1 years customer service/sales experience you will also have excellent oral and written communication skills.
List of Main Duties:
• Sell directly to the public and via travel agents either over the telephone, by email or face-to- face with customers visiting the office.
• Help maintain a growing database of loyal existing customers and attract new potential customers.
• Ensure that every effort is made to convert enquiries into options, and options into confirmed bookings.
• Use product knowledge to confidently cross-sell to other products if the required holiday is unavailable or unsuitable.
• Answer initial queries about the holiday. Determining suitability and suggesting alternatives, where applicable.
• Use an in-house reservations system to check availability and make bookings, or pass all relevant information to the Travel Consultant if the tour is on request.
• Answer queries for existing bookings, process amendments, where required, and help resolve any issues through liaising with Reservations Management and Customer Relations.
• Follow up on recent options and maintain communication with clients to ensure we achieve a high conversion rate of sales.
• Support the rest of the department with its administration to ensure deadlines are met and service levels remain high.
• Use knowledge gained from customers to inform the marketing and commercial departments of new trends and potential destinations.
• Other duties required to ensure the smooth running of the reservations department and the delivery of excellent customer service.
You will be responsible for maintaining comprehensive knowledge of a wide range of products. Knowledge of new products is gained by attending product talks and gathering information through reading brochures and accessing relevant information sources. This includes unique selling points and relevant technical details. With this knowledge, the Travel Sales Consultant should be able to answer (or obtain the answer to) any query regarding the product thereby advancing the booking enquiry and ensuring customer satisfaction.
The Travel Sales Consultant should also be able to answer basic travel queries, such as those relating to weather, passport & visas requirements and health & fitness.
Product knowledge is also gained by attending annual product training visits.