Travel Sales Consultant - USA/Caribbean - London - up to £26k + commission
This luxury Tour Operator is looking for a Sales Consultant for their Americas Travel Sales team, a position which offers excellent prospects in a rapidly growing and award-winning tour operator. We are looking for somebody who has experience of selling the Americas with a focus on North America and the Caribbean, is passionate about this region but who is also well-travelled in other parts of the world and willing to expand their horizons.
The Americas team covers South America, Central America, North America and the Caribbean. Key countries include:
· South America: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador & The Galapagos, Peru.
· Central America: Belize, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama.
· North America: USA and Canada.
· Caribbean: Cuba, Antigua, Barbados, British Virgin Islands, Jamaica, The Grenadines, Turks and Caicos.
While they look for specialists with in-depth knowledge of specific countries they also seek people who are willing and able to sell all countries in their specialist region as well as being able to cross-sell for destinations in other regions. For this role, they are specifically looking for someone with expertise in the Caribbean and North America as they look to expand the work they do in these areas.
This position is a very hands-on role and the successful candidate will be passionate about the Americas, be highly organised, driven, have considerable direct experience of travel in North America and the Caribbean particularly, have an in-depth understanding of sales, be an excellent communicator, and clearly understand the customers’ needs.
· Selling to clients via email, phone, letter and in person
· Producing, pricing and amending itineraries
· Generating bookings from new customers through all appropriate channels
· Maximising retention of existing customers
· Achieving and exceeding pre-set sales targets
· Overseeing your Service Team in the production of documentation for your clients
· Contacting clients on return, thanking them for booking with us, obtaining feedback and nurturing for next trip
· Expanding and developing existing product
· Maintaining and building relationships with suppliers and country tourist boards
· Researching and updating destinations, activity and hotel information
· Involvement in the product and pricing planning processes, including assisting purchasing team with the negotiation of improved supplier contracts
· Participating in company events, sometimes outside office hours
· Supporting the marketing team with ideas for social media and PR requests
· One to three years’ experience of working in an Americas sales at the bespoke end of travel (other experience levels may be considered)
· Sales experience
· Travel and product knowledge in the Americas
· Travel and product knowledge of at least one other continent
· Proven ability to deliver high quality results in a timely fashion
· Strong communication skills
· A personable manner