Travel Sales Exeutive - Sussex - £21k OTE + bonus
A fantastic opportunity to join the UK's leading independant specialist tour operator as a Travel Sales Executive, you will be a dynamic sales professional with proven sales ability. Ideally with at least 2 years travel sales experience.
Key Tasks and Objectives:
• Selling upmarket/luxury holidays to Bermuda, Barbados, Croatia, Cyprus, Egypt, France, Greece, Italy,
Malta, Morocco, Portugal, Spain and Turkey.
• Creating bespoke/tailor-made packages for travel agents and direct customers, using state of the
art packaging system.
• Achieving and exceeding company, team and individual objectives relating to sales targets,
productivity, product knowledge and attendance/punctuality.
• Building and maintaining great relationships with travel agents, direct customers and industry
• Effectively and efficiently deal with any administrational queries.
• Maintain accurate information on the company’s products, commercial campaigns and ancillary
• To exceed the customers expectations and go the extra mile wherever possible.
• Attend educational trips when required to experience the product first hand, feeding back product
knowledge to colleagues.
Key Accountability and Performance Indicators:
• Achieve sales targets as outlined by the company.
• Achieve an average conversion rate of 17%.
• Achieve a department call abandonment rate of less than 5% on a daily basis.
• Achieve an average wait time of no more than 30 seconds on a daily basis.
• To answer an average of 35 calls per day.
• All requests for new bookings confirmed within 24 hours.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Must have at least 2 year’s experience in an independent travel agency and/or a tour operation (or similar selling environment).
• Educated to good GCSE level (Math’s and English essential).
• Must have strong computer, CRS and administration skills.
• Must be a dynamic sales professional with proven sales ability.
• Must be self-driven and results oriented with a positive outlook.
• Must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Must have excellent attention to detail.
• The ability to negotiate prices and availability with suppliers
• Must be able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.