Business Development Manager. A rapidly expanding, award-winning and innovative travel organisation is seeking a commercially minded Business Development Manager to come on board and support their growth ambitions. Our client is an exciting business, with a track record of enviable success. The Business Development role will be responsible for managing a portfolio of existing accounts and developing new business, generating new business & leads, and promoting this exciting travel brand’s products & services. Their career enhancing role is best suited to an accomplished individual that has enjoyed success within a Sales & Account Management role, now looking for their next big opportunity.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Identify new business opportunities using the current database and own database of contacts to deliver team and individual targets and KPI’s
- Managing the company strategy and objections in line with company budgets and targets
- Promoting the business services to existing and new trade clients in the UK, USA Domestic and other markets
- Attend meetings, training sessions, webinars and perform follow up duties as required
- Provide market feedback at weekly sales meetings by researching market trends within portfolio of accounts
- Be involved with marketing activities
- Attendance at various overseas annual trade shows such as Florida Huddle, ITB, IPW, WTM and trade partner conferences both in the UK and overseas
- Participate in overseas Sales Missions supporting preferred partners
- Commercial proposals to generate business/ increase market share including overrides, marketing contributions & incentives
- Being the main point of contact to trade partners
- Growing the XML business and giving our client exposure into new markets which they haven’t currently explored
- Arranging various FAM trips for trade partners with the Orlando office/team
Now Let’s Talk About You:
- Previous sales & account management experience with a proven record within a travel background
- Self-motivated with excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Proven history of hitting and exceeding targets
- Presentation and communication skills
- Advanced computer literacy with focus on Microsoft and PowerPoint
- Being enthusiastic, ambitious, confident and a team player
- The role will be expected to travel within the UK and overseas as required
- Flexible approach to working hours and travelling plus a willingness to support out of hours
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Applicants should be able to drive and hold a clean current driving licence
The Package, Benefits & Perks!
This company employs some of the nicest, brightest and most interesting people in the travel industry. Because they only employ the best, they are offering a highly competitive basic salary of £30,000 - £35,000 per annum, plus lucrative benefits covering Car Allowance, Company Pension, Medical Insurance, Life Assurance and more. Also not forgetting the travel perks you should expect working for a leading travel brand.
Sounds Like You?
If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.