Worldwide Tailormade Travel Consultant
Working for this established travel company you will be constructing round the world, multi-stop flight and long-haul tailor made trips. You will be principal point of contact for your clients, but will also be well supported by some very talented people.
• Meet and exceed personal sales targets by converting enquiries into firm sales and adding value to existing bookings.
• Understand different customer types and build a personalised rapport, by using the phone at the first opportunity.
• Provide a high level of customer service at all times.
• Explore and reflect clients’ travel needs fully before suggesting suitable flights and ground products. Adding value at every stage by suggesting additional stops and products.
• Demonstrate expert product and destination knowledge throughout the sales process.
• Provide a prompt and efficient response to all enquiries. These will be in the form of telephone, email enquiries and face to face.
• Keep up-to-date with the company's range of products and attend regular product training sessions.
• Plan and organise your day by prioritising between new quote requests, on-going quotes, booking management, and administration.
• Follow up on all potential clients to ensure quotes have been received and any competitor’s quotes are fairly compared.
• Ensure all administration on reservations is carried out promptly and efficiently. This includes regularly checking Galileo Q's and advising customers of all itinerary changes, both airline and ground before and after departure.
• Travel industry experience
• Experience and competency of using one of Galileo, Amadeus, Worldspan or Sabre
• Proven track record of securing sales in a customer-focused environment
• Personal travel experience in Australia or New Zealand is essential
• Travel experience of at least one of Asia, Africa, Latin America or North America is desirable
• Natural rapport-building skills
• Effective time management
• Strong customer service levels
• Strong verbal and written skills
• A strong academic record (ideally an undergraduate degree)
As well as a competitive salary and commission structure, you will be rewarded with a cash travel benefit, free daily lunch, health & well-being package plus free travel