A Yield Manager is required by leading travel tour operator, renowned for the services that they are able to offer their customers to world-wide destinations. Working as part of an award winning team your role as Yield Manager will be key in the success of the company. You will be required to analyse data from an international client base with a view to maximising returns on sales worldwide. Liaising with the yield, revenue and key accounts teams to optimise travel revenues and margin, you will influence pricing strategy at all levels and analyse all available forms of competitive and internal data to identify both competitive threats and opportunities.
Your duties as Yield Manager will see you responsible for:
• Daily analysis of search trends at both client and destination level, taking appropriate, targeted and effective action to maximise margins and sales
• Monitoring the effects of pricing changes on pre and post sales/margin figures
• Delivering on company aims in relation to percentage and actual margins
• Highlighting relevant issues which could affect sales linked to availability and low conversion statistics
• Company pricing strategies
• Communicating noticeable competitor trends
• Using management information, collate key data by product and customer
• Analysing data to understand the effectiveness of products, prices and sales channels
The successful Yield Manager will be highly analytical, with experience in Yield and Margin forecasting. You will have experience in a dynamic yield environment, be excellent with Excel (Pivots and V_Lookups), and Cognos is an advantage. Ideally the successful Yield Manager will have a travel industry background or be used to working with disposable/perishable stock with strong commercial acumen. You will enjoy spreadsheet analysis, drawing conclusions from data, writing reports and making recommendations to the business. You will be able to make decisions understanding financial implications and willing to take calculated risks. You will be confident and assertive but able to communicate decisions diplomatically, enjoy strategising own actions, tracking results and responding accordingly. You will be self motivated, able to see opportunities for development / improvement and take these forward whilst being highly accurate with an excellent attention to detail.